Young Singers Project
Young Singers Project
Supported by KÜHNE-STIFTUNG,
main sponsor of Salzburg Festival
Since the founding of the Young Singers Project in 2008, this prestigious platform for promoting young vocal talent, which has been supported for several years by the Kühne Foundation — one of the main sponsors of the Salzburg Festival — has been a success story. Numerous auditions are held to select the young singers from among hundreds of applicants, with the successful candidates going on to receive a scholarship, extensive advanced training and the opportunity to work with Festival artists.
Application for the
Young Singers Project 2022
The application deadline for the Young Singers Project 2022 was on 1 November 2021.
The following terms and conditions apply to participation in the Young Singers Project.
1. Applicants (hereafter referred to as “singers”) must not have reached the age of 30 by 1 July 2022. The date of birth must be verified by uploading a copy of an identity document in the registration form.
2. Applications can be made via the online form, which must be filled out completely and truthfully. Meaningful video material must be included, which must not be older than 6 months. The closing date for applications is 1 November 2021.
3. The information / personal data and files submitted in the registration form will be processed by the Salzburg Festival (hereafter referred to as the “Festival”) for the administration of the project and will remain stored for documentation and archiving purposes beyond the duration of the project. If you have any questions regarding data protection, please contact the Festival’s data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The singers agree to be personally available for any queries under the contact details provided in the form. In exceptional cases, the Festival will also accept communication via a third party, such as agencies.
5. The Festival reserves the right to check the accuracy of the information provided by the singers.
6. The application videos must be uploaded to youtube or vimeo. The applicant is free to decide whether they are shared publicly or privately. However, the Festival is entitled to download and store the videos from the platform.
7. From the applications submitted, those singers will be selected who shall come to Salzburg for a personal audition. Possible audition dates will be determined by the Festival. After all auditions have been completed (probably by the end of December 2021), the selected singers will be invited in writing to participate in the Young Singers Project.
8. The selection of the singers is at the sole discretion of the Festival and decision don’t need any particular reasoning. The Festival is also entitled to reject applications without giving reasons.
9. The duration of the project is from 1 July to 30 August 2022.
10. The selected singers will receive an honorarium as well as a travel allowance for the journey to and from the project. Accommodation will be organised and paid for by the Festival.
11. The singers declare with their application that they are available without restrictions for the duration of the project.
12. The official languages are German and English, the singers must have a basic command of at least one of these two languages.