Salzburg Festival 2024
Ticket purchase and ticket allocation procedure
1. All orders are requested by the deadline January 22, 2024:
- by mail: Ticket Office of the Salzburg Festival
P.O. Box 140, 5010 Salzburg, Austria
2. All orders arriving at the latest by the Deadline (22 January 2024) will be handled equally, irrespective of when they arrive. This means that orders are not processed in the order in which they arrive. Notification of the extent to which the order is as requested processed will be sent by end of March 2024 at the latest.
Orders received after the deadline will only be processed after all orders placed before the deadline have been filled.
3. Orders from Club Members, Patrons, Association Members and Subscribers are processed with priority and are linked to the current member status. Detailed information on the various memberships can be found on the Friends of the Festival website.
4. When ordering a wheelchair seat, it must be announced whether a seat for the accompanying person is required in the immediate vicinity. Detailed information on all wheelchair spaces in the individual venues and on the subject of accessibilty can be found here.
5. Direct Sale form March, 22 2024
Tickets for the 2024 Summer Festival can be bought beginning March 22 directly on this website by using the interactive season overview. The online ticket purchase is approved automatically via email.
Since not all available seats are sold through the website, it is possible that tickets are still available for events even though they are marked as sold out online.
6. Personalisation of admission tickets
Tickets for the Salzburg Festival must be personalized without exception for the ticket purchaser’s own protection and to prevent unauthorized distribution. The name of the respective visitor is printed on the tickets. Only the person named on the ticket (including accompanying person(s) up to a defined maximum number – provided the group passes the admission controls together) is entitled to admission to the event after presenting a photo ID without being asked. A re-personalization of tickets is possible online at any time. You can find instructions here.
Frequently asked questions
- Orders will be collected until the deadline (22 January) and then processed.
- The time of the order has no influence on the processing; it is simply important that the order is placed before the deadline.
- No seats can be selected when ordering, only sectors and the category.
- Orders are no guarantee for a ticket allocation.
- Yes, Orders can be edited or cancelled up to 22 January 2024. After this date they are binding.
- Instructions can be found here
- Orders will be collected until the deadline (22 January).
- From 22 January orders will be allocated.
- All orders received by the deadline will be treated equally.
- This means that orders are not processed in the order in which they arrive.
- Orders from club members, patrons, association members and subscribers are prioritised and are linked to the current membership status.
- You will receive notification of the extent to which your order has been processed as requested in the end of March the latest.
- Orders are requested by the deadline (22 January).
- The time of the order has no influence on the processing
- Orders received after the deadline will only be processed after all orders placed before the deadline have been filled.
If the necessary bank details are available, any return transfers will be made from the day after the respective performance date (in the case of several performances, after the day of the last performance for which tickets have been accepted for resale on commission).
It is the customer’s responsibility to check the information on his/her tickets immediately after receipt. In the event of any errors, the ticket office must be contacted immediately.
If you have previously purchased youth tickets or you have shown your interest, we have your information on file and the information will be sent to you automatically. Otherwise, please send us your details (name, address, e-mail, date of birth) to email@example.com
In addition, as a member of "Young Friends" you have the opportunity to purchase tickets for selected performances at reduced prices: Young Friends of the Salzburg Festival
Detailed information on the venues can be found at www.salzburgfestival.at/en/venues
Salzburg Festival Whitsun 2024
All details about the Whitsun Festival from 17 to 20 May 2024 can be found in the programme.
At Whitsun 2024, Cecilia Bartoli, the Artistic Director of the Salzburg Whitsun Festival, presents a homage to Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s oeuvre under the motto “Tutto Mozart”. She describes this year’s programme as follows:
“To think about the amount of marvellous music Mozart created in an unbelievably short space of time reduces us to awe and humble silence. He created a universe, a world of its own which gives us endless pleasure. It may surprise you that since taking on the position of artistic director at the Salzburg Whitsun Festival in 2012, I have never focussed on Mozart here. So I thought ‘wenn schon, denn schon’ (‘If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well’), and decided to dedicate four exceptional days to my favourite composer, with humour and Mozartkugeln included. Because more than anything, I would like to transmit the joy of singing, performing and listening to Mozart’s music.
Still have questions about tickets or looking for a specific ticket information? Frequently asked questions are answered in our FAQ section.