Salzburg Festival 2023
Ticket purchase and ticket allocation procedure
1. All orders are requested by 23 January 2023:
- by mail: Ticket Office of the Salzburg Festival
P.O. Box 140, 5010 Salzburg, Austria
2. All orders arriving at the latest by the Deadline (23 January 2023) will be handled equally, irrespective of when they arrive. Notification of the extent to which the order is as requested processed will be sent by end of March 2023 at the latest. Orders received after the deadline will only be processed after all orders placed before the deadline have been filled.
3. Orders from Club Members, Patrons, Association Members and Subscribers are processed with priority and are linked to the current member status.
4. When ordering a wheelchair seat, it must be announced whether a seat for the accompanying person is required in the immediate vicinity. Detailed information on all wheelchair spaces in the individual venues is available here.
5. Direct Sale form 30 March 2023
Tickets for the 2023 Summer Festival can be bought beginning 30 March 2023 directly on this website by using the interactive season overview. The online ticket purchase is approved automatically via email.
Since not all available seats are sold through the website, it is possible that tickets are still available for events even though they are marked as sold out online.
6. Personalisation of admission tickets
Tickets for the Salzburg Festival must be personalized without exception for the ticket purchaser’s own protection and to prevent unauthorized distribution. The name of the respective visitor is printed on the tickets. Only the person named on the ticket (including accompanying person(s) up to a defined maximum number – provided the group passes the admission controls together) is entitled to admission to the event after presenting a photo ID without being asked. A re-personalization of tickets is possible online at any time.
Whitsun Festival 2023
Subscriptions and single tickets for the 2023 Whitsun Festival are now available.
At Whitsun 2023, we embark upon a journey to the underworld – experiencing once again the birth of opera from the grief of Orpheus over the loss of his beloved Eurydice. Cecilia Bartoli and her guests explore the myth of the enchanting lament of Orpheus, whose moving song and playing are immortalized in works by Monteverdi, Gluck and Haydn.
Information and instructions on e-Tickets (print@home tickets) and personalisation of your admission tickets can be found here.
Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.
5020 Salzburg, Austria
Tel. +43 662 8045 500
Frequently asked questions
Still have questions about tickets or looking for a specific ticket information? Frequently asked questions are answered in our FAQ section.
Frequently asked questions tickets
If you have previously purchased youth tickets or you have shown your interest, we will have your information on file and the information will be sent to you automatically. Otherwise, please send us your details (name, address, e-mail, date of birth) to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, as a member of the "Jungen Freunde", you can purchase tickets at discounted prices.
When ordering a wheelchair seat, it must be announced whether a seat for the accompanying person is required in the immediate vicinity. Detailed information on all wheelchair spaces in the individual venues is available at www.salzburgerfestspiele.at/en/accessibility.
The Salzburg Festival accepts the following credit cards: Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club, Visa, JCB. Payment by bank transfer (charges to be paid by the purchaser), payment from the credit of the customer account, payment by vouchers as well as payment by bank card (Maestro) or cash payment on site are also possible.
From three weeks before the event date, only payment by credit card or cash / ATM payment on site is possible.
If the necessary bank details are available, any return transfers will be made from the day after the respective performance date (in the case of several performances, after the day of the last performance for which tickets have been accepted for resale on commission).
It is the customer’s responsibility to check the information on his/her tickets immediately after receipt. In the event of any errors, the ticket office must be contacted immediately.