Venues

In the heart of the city

The Festival Quarter

The Grosses Festspielhaus, the Haus für Mozart and the Felsenreitschule form the Festival District, together with Cathedral Square and the Kollegienkirche, located 200 meters from them. In 1606/07, Archbishop Wolf Dietrich had stables built here, to which a winter riding academy was added in 1662. During the 19th century, the complex was used as cavalry barracks before gradually being opened to the Salzburg Festival from 1925 onwards.