How to Order Tickets
(General Terms and Conditions)
1. All orders are requested in writing by January 7, 2016 and should be addressed to:
TICKET OFFICE OF THE SALZBURG FESTIVAL
Postfach 140, 5010 Salzburg, Austria
Fax: +43.662.8045.555, Telephone: +43.662.8045.500
email@example.com • www.salzburgfestival.at
Orders received after this deadline will only be processed after the orders placed before the deadline have been filled.
2. Orders by club members, patrons, association members and subscribers will be processed before individual ticket orders and are linked to current membership status.
3. When ordering a space for a wheelchair, please state whether you require a seat nearby for a person accompanying you. You can find detailed information about all spaces for wheelchair users in the individual venues at www.salzburgfestival.at/wheelchairs
4. You will be notified about the status of your order by the end of March 2016 at the latest.
5. Direct sales from March 21, 2016 onwards:
SALZBURG FESTIVAL SHOP • TICKETS
Hofstallgasse 1, 5020 Salzburg
Mon–Fri, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
from July 1, 2016: Mon–Sat, 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
from July 22, 2016: daily 9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
6. Online ticket sales
You can buy your tickets for the 2016 Whitsun Festival beginning immediately and for the summer beginning on March 21, 2016 directly at www.salzburgfestival.at by using the interactive season overview. Since not all available tickets are sold through the website, it is possible that tickets are still available although they may be marked as “sold” online.
7. The right to withdraw from a contract in cases of distance selling according to § 11 FAGG does not apply to the purchase of concert or theatre tickets, since these are considered leisure services and therefore fall under § 18 (1) Z 10 FAGG (Austrian federal law).
8. Tickets will be sent by registered mail for an additional fee (in the case of orders from Patrons, they will be sent after the donation has been received), or will be held at the Salzburg Festival ticket office for pickup. Depending on the country of origin, this additional mailing fee is € 6 per invoice for Austria, € 7 for Germany, and for all other countries 1% of the invoice sum, but at least € 12. If there are less than four weeks before the date of the first performance in the order, tickets will not be mailed, and customers are requested to pick them up at the ticket office.
9. Payments should only be made after receipt of the invoice, quoting the invoice number, and within the time indicated on the invoice. The Salzburg Festival accepts the following credit cards: Master Card, American Express, Diners Club, Visa, JCB. It is also possible to pay via wire transfer and on-site in cash as well as with an ATM card (Maestro). Starting three weeks before the event, only credit card payments or cash payments / ATM payments on-site will be accepted.
10. All ticket orders and purchases are binding. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept optional ticket reservations and cannot exchange tickets once they have been purchased or ordered. Ticket returns are only possible for sold-out performances for resale on commission; a 15% commission fee applies. The Salzburg Festival cannot guarantee a resale of returned tickets. Potential wire transfer refunds will be made after the day of the performance originally purchased (in the case of several performances, after the day of the last performance for which tickets have been accepted for resale on commission), if the bank details of the customer are known to the Salzburg Festival.
11. It is your responsibility to check the details printed on your tickets immediately upon receipt. Should you discover mistakes, please contact the ticket office as soon as possible.
12. Substitute tickets can only be requested in writing, by submitting the invoice and a picture ID.
13. Purchasing tickets for professional or commercial resale requires the prior consent of the Salzburg Festival.
14. Changes of cast or programme as well as changed beginning times of performances do not justify a return of tickets. Should there be changes, the Salzburg Festival will do its utmost to inform ticket holders. However, it is your responsibility to stay informed about possible changes. The most current information is available on our website, www.salzburgfestival.at
15. The Salzburg Festival reserves the right to offer guests other seats than the ones indicated on the tickets, within the same category as the purchased one, should organizational reasons require such changes.
16. Since Jedermann performances on Domplatz (Cathedral Square) are open-air performances, the risk of inclement weather cannot be excluded. In case of rain as well as uncertain weather situations (e.g. possible torrential rain or storms) the performance may be moved to the Grosses Festspielhaus (Large Festival Hall). If the weather changes during a performance of Jedermann on Domplatz (Cathedral Square), the performance will be interrupted and continued at the Grosses Festspielhaus (Large Festival Hall), provided that no more than 80 minutes of the performance have elapsed. After 80 minutes, the performance will be considered to have taken place in full, and the ticket prices will not be refunded. Due to the difference in nature of the venues Domplatz (Cathedral Square) and Grosses Festspielhaus (Large Festival Hall), in case of a performance of Jedermann in the Grosses Festspielhaus adjoining seating cannot be guaranteed, and the arrangement of seats and rows may vary.
17. All manners of audio and video recordings as well as the use of mobile phones are prohibited during the performances of the Salzburg Festival. In the case of official TV and video recordings, visitors declare their consent to possible images of their person being recorded and broadcast.
18. By purchasing a ticket, the visitor accepts the house rules of the Salzburg Festival.
19. Personal data recorded and stored during the ticket purchasing process will be used in order to fulfill your order, and will be stored. You declare your consent to the use of your data in order to provide further information and for marketing purposes for Salzburg Festival events. Personal data will not be passed on to third parties. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
20. All prices are in Euro including VAT.
21. These terms and conditions are subject to Austrian law; the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded.
22. Hotel bookings should be made directly or via www.salzburg.info