Stiftskirche St. Peter
The monastery church St. Peter is the centerpiece of the Benedictine abbey of the same name, the oldest monastery in the German-speaking countries. The church building from the early middle ages was replaced by the current building in the high Romanesque style, first erected in 1147. They many alterations reflect the changeful history of the monastery. Under Abbot Beda Seeauer, the tower received its characteristic shape in 1754/56 with a richly structured onion dome; the interior of the church was renewed in late baroque splendor by native and foreign artists.
EVENTS AND CATEGORIES